Do you know that there are various truck driver jobs in Canada with Visa sponsorship?
A valid driver’s license, a clean driving record, and the capacity for extended hours are some typical prerequisites for this employment employee.
You can search several online job platforms like Indeed, Monster, and LinkedIn to find these positions. You can also look for job openings by visiting the websites of Canadian transportation businesses.
Make sure to emphasize in your resume and cover letter your relevant experience and qualifications when applying for these positions.
Also, remember that employers often sponsor visas and that the qualifications for sponsorship can change based on the business and the position.
Read on and learn more about truck driver jobs in Canada with Visa sponsorship in 2023.
See What Type of Insurance Do Commercial Truckers Need?
Who Is a Truck Driver?
A person who drives trucks that are used to move goods and materials over land is known as a truck driver.
Truck drivers often work night or day shifts, part-time or full-time, and transport items from wholesalers to retailers. Unquestionably, a truck driver offers numerous sectors a necessary service.
What are the Duties of Truck Drivers in Canada?
- Deliver goods to customers over long distances.
- Deliver the items and materials after having the loads checked for accuracy.
- Transport between the USA and Canada.
- Pack and unpack the cargo.
- Record deliveries of freight.
- Refuel and wash the car.
- Inform the dispatcher of any traffic issues.
- Observe the traffic laws.
- Examine trucks and note any problems.
- Observe accident protocols.
Check out Current Tricycle Keke Napep Prices in Nigeria 2023
Requirements for Truck Driver Jobs in Canada With Visa Sponsorship
Let’s look at the requirements for obtaining a position as a truck driver in Canada. The requirements will assist you in understanding what is necessary for an international truck driver to obtain a visa sponsorship job in Canada. These are a few of them:
- In Canada, permanent, full-time, overtime, weekend, day, night, and evening jobs are available for truck drivers.
- For this employment, a high school diploma is desired but not required.
- Driving experience in heavy-duty vehicles is preferred but not required.
- Basic or effective English communication skills are required.
- You must have the necessary qualifications for this position, including certificates, licenses, memberships, and training.
- The Air Brake (Z) Endorsement and a valid driver’s license (Class 1 or A) are required.
- Transportation and Equipment Types: Straight truck (4,600 kg or 10,000 lb with 3+ axles), Tractor-trailer, Flatbed, Refrigerated, Highway.
- Protection and Safety: There are other prerequisites, including a basic security clearance, a criminal history check, a driving record check (abstract), a physical examination, and a drug test.
- Details regarding travel and transportation: open to traveling across both Canada and the US. Willing to travel vast distances and to do so at any time of day or night, including on overnight travels.
- Other: Candidates must be able to work legally in Canada and be open to working in a two-person team when driving long-haul vehicles.
Skills Required for Truck Driver Jobs in Canada
- The ability to drive straight or articulated trucks for transporting goods and supplies is required.
- Tarping, loading, and unloading of cargo and ensuring the security and safety of the cargo
- The ability to schedule and arrange your trips.
- You should be able to plan your trip using atlases and other planning resources.
- Gather data and provide it to the central dispatcher.
- The capacity to operate a vehicle as a two-person squad or in a convoy.
- Additionally, you should be able to check the tires, lights, brakes, cold storage, and other car components and assess their condition.
Read Also; Hiring a Lawyer After Car Accident
Most Popular Truck Driving Positions
To mention a few, if you drive a truck, you could work in any of the following positions:
- Bulky Products Truck Driver
- Long-Distance Truck Driver
- Automobile Carrier Driver
- Construction Industry Cement Truck Driver
- Driver Of A Mobile Cement Mixer
- Fuel Oil Truck Driver
- Gasoline Truck Driver
- Hauler For Gravel
- Log Carrier
Driver Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship in 2023
Many companies are looking to hire truck drivers across Canada, including in Alberta, Ontario, Toronto, Brampton, Mississauga, Quebec, Ottawa, Calgary, and so on.
Let’s look at the employment prospects for truck drivers in Canada.
1. British Columbia
Canadian truck drivers can likewise gain from the provincial scheme made available by British Columbia.
Full-time work in long-haul trucks is necessary for applicants to the entry-level and semiskilled levels of the provincial job market. There are more than 400 open positions. It is permitted for long-haul truck drivers to reside in the province.
In Vancouver, British Columbia, the average annual pay for a truck driver is $57,976. With a range from $218 to $109,013, the average additional cash salary for a truck driver in Vancouver, British Columbia, is $4,874.
Visit their website at https://www.immigration.ca/british-columbia-immigration/ to learn more about immigration in British Columbia.
With 837 job listings available, Quebec leads the nation for positions that welcome truck drivers. There are excellent career opportunities for truck drivers, according to information on the Quebec government’s website for employment.
Go to https://www.immigration.ca/en/quebecimmigrationprovincial.html to access the Quebec webpage.
3. Nova Scotia
The Occupations In-Demand Stream of the Nova Scotia Nominee Program includes two target occupations, the first of which is Nova Scotia Transport Truck Drivers (NOC 7511). Consequently, drivers have a direct route to a place of permanent residence.
Through this program, you may be able to apply for a truck driver position with Canadian visa sponsorship.
Transport truck drivers’ NOC code (7511) and three other professions were added to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program Employer Job Offer In-Demand Skills Stream in July 2019.
It implies that seasoned truck drivers with a job offer in Ontario can take a specific route to obtaining permanent residency there.
Visit https://www.immigration.ca/en/ontario-immigration.html to learn more about immigration.
Employers should use the federal Labour Market Impact Assessment for Temporary Foreign Workers procedure to hire truck drivers in Manitoba. However, businesses can only hire outside the LMIA system under the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program if certain requirements are met, such as recruitment efforts and adherence to provincial labor rules.
To learn more, go to https://www.immigration.ca/en/manitoba-immigration.html on the website for Manitoba immigration.
6. Newfoundland and Labrador
This is a part of the Canadian province of Newfoundland and Labrador. According to the Newfoundland and Labrador Labour Market Outlook 2025 report, truck driving will need a lot of immigrants to fill employment openings.
Trucking companies must submit an application to qualify as employers for the Express Entry and Skilled Worker streams of the NLPNP.
The Long-Haul Truck Drivers Sub-Category under Saskatchewan Immigration is specifically for those already employed in Canada under a work permit.
Additionally, the occupation qualifies for the province’s Express Entry and Occupations In-Demand draws, which both focus on particular professions.
The Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program has a significant demand for long-distance truck drivers. For long-haul truckers, the employment bank advertises more than 500 job opportunities. In addition, the Alberta Express Entry and the Alberta Opportunity Stream are open to truck drivers.
See Top 20 Best Selling Cars &Trucks In USA
Which Visa Should I Apply For To Get A Truck Driver Job in Canada with Visa Sponsorship?
You will need a visa to work in Canada, and truck drivers can apply for a certain type of visa. The following are these visa programs:
1. Foreign Worker Temporary Program
One of the options open to you as a truck driver is the program for temporary foreign workers. You will be able to work in the nation thanks to this program. This initiative serves Canadian regions with a labor shortage.
The Labour Market Impact Assessment, or LMIA, is a crucial step in the hiring process if you intend to apply through this program. It demonstrates that you are required as a foreign worker because no Canadian citizen or permanent resident is qualified to fill the position.
2. Pilot for Atlantic Immigration
This program is designed for professionals who want to live and work permanently in one of Canada’s provinces. The Atlantic International Graduate Program, the Atlantic High Skilled Program, and the Atlantic Intermediate Skilled Program are the three additional programs in the American Immigration Pilot. If this program meets your criteria, you can apply using it.
3. Provincial Nominee Program
This program aims to address the labor market shortages in Canada’s provinces. You might choose to cooperate with any of the eleven Canadian provinces and territories that are a part of this initiative.
This policy is acceptable because there aren’t enough people in the country to fill jobs like truck drivers. If you use this program to apply and are accepted, your name will be put forward for consideration for residency.
How to Find Truck Driver Jobs in Canada With Visa Sponsorship
Here are several ways to locate jobs in Canada that will sponsor a truck driver’s visa, along with a list of tools that may be used to find such opportunities and instructions on applying for them.
1. Online job boards
Looking for truck driver sponsorship visa jobs online is one of the simplest methods to locate them in Canada. In Canada, popular employment boards include Workopolis, Monster, and Indeed.
2. Recruitment firms
By working with recruitment firms that focus on putting people in these types of employment, truck drivers can also find visa sponsorship opportunities in Canada. These organizations can assist with the application process and aid truck drivers find suitable employment.
3. Websites of the companies
Many Canadian trucking firms have their online presences where they advertise job openings, including some that require sponsorship of a truck driver’s visa. These websites allow truck drivers to look for employment openings and submit applications online.
Another useful strategy for locating truck driver sponsorship opportunities in Canada is networking. To find out whether there are any employment openings, truck drivers might contact friends, family members, or coworkers employed in the sector.
5. Social Media
You can look for truck driver sponsorship jobs in Canada through social media sites like LinkedIn and Twitter. Truck drivers might conduct a career search or contact recruiters and hiring managers to find out about job openings.
6. Government Job Banks
The Canadian government has a website where employers can list job openings, including those that require sponsorship of a truck driver’s visa. Truck drivers can browse job postings on the job bank website and apply immediately.
7. Canadian Trucking Associations
The Canadian Trucking Association (CTA) is a national trade group that advocates for Canadian trucking firms. Employers can post job openings on the CTA’s website’s job board, including those for truck driver visa sponsorship.
8. Provincial Trucking Associations
Each province in Canada has a trucking association that advocates for the interests of local transportation firms. On their websites, these organizations frequently feature job boards where companies can post job openings, including those that require truck driver visa sponsorship.
9. Local Newspapers
Some Canadian trucking firms post job openings in regional newspapers. Truck drivers can search for job advertisements in their local newspapers and apply online.
10. Job Fairs
Truck driver job fairs are occasions where recruiters and trucking companies meet with possible job seekers. Truck drivers can meet recruiters at these events and learn about employment possibilities, including those that offer truck driver visa sponsorship.
How to Submit an Application for a Truck Driver Job in Canada with Sponsorship
Here are the steps to apply for a truck driver job sponsored by a Visa.
To begin with, you must go to one of the websites below;
- Once the platforms are available, use the search bar to look for truck driver jobs in Canada with sponsorship.
- Your search results will show; choose one and ensure you satisfy the conditions before applying.
- The application is then completed or brought to the employer’s website to apply for the job.
- Once the application is correctly completed, the employer will contact you to confirm your acceptance.
Wages of Truck Drivers in Canada
Hourly pay for truck drivers is now pace with averages for the country and each province. However, according to Job Bank and Statistics Canada data, the median salary for truck drivers is somewhat lower than the national average.
However, in some instances, it can go as high as $32 per hour, more than $8 above the average wage in the country.
In the upcoming years, it is projected that as employment demand increases, truck driver pay will as well.
Advantages of Working As a Truck Driver in Canada with Visa Sponsorship
There are advantages to being a truck driver, particularly when working in Canada under a visa sponsorship. Even though this job may not be glamorous, its benefits could be just what you need.
- Dental and medical insurance.
- RRSPs and pension schemes
- Life assurance
- Job stability
- Higher pay
- You can set your working hours.
- Family members should receive perks.
Truck Driver in Canada with Visa Sponsorship Frequently Asked Questions
Can a truck driver like me relocate to Canada?
The TFWP, or temporary foreign worker program, allows firms to identify and hire individuals outside of Canada even though truck drivers are not required to have a specific type of visa to travel to Canada.
Is driving a truck a great career in Canada?
Canada has an Excessive Demand for trucks. Employers cannot find truckers quickly enough due to a shortage that has existed since 2021. Trucking HR Canada says about 17,000 new truck drivers may be needed in Canada each year up until 2025.
What is Canada’s largest trucking company?
TFI International is by far the biggest player in the Canadian trucking industry. In 2019, it had a fleet of almost 34,000 trucks and made more than 5.1 billion Canadian dollars in sales.
Can my employer sponsor me so I can work in Canada?
Employers in Canada do not “sponsor” individuals who wish to work there; nevertheless, they can assist in the recruitment of foreign workers by requesting a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) or submitting an electronic job offer (in certain cases, this is LMIA-exempt).
Is obtaining a truck license in Canada simple?
Every license requires both a written test and a driving test. A government-approved training program can be another need. Your Ontario license will be in the same class as any other provincial truck driver’s license you may possess. To upgrade your license, you must take the examinations in an approved vehicle.
Truck Driver in Canada With Visa Sponsorship Conclusion
Those seeking employment in the trucking industry might choose Truck Driver Jobs with Visa Sponsorship in Canada.
Because of the lack of truck drivers in Canada, there is a growing need for qualified drivers, making employment that requires visa sponsorship a lucrative prospect.
These positions provide favorable pay, perks, and chances for professional advancement. By receiving a visa sponsorship, people can also benefit from living and working in Canada, including having access to top-notch healthcare and education, a varied range of cultural experiences, and a high level of life. Examining Truck Driver Visa Sponsorship Jobs in Canada could be your next step if you’re an experienced truck driver looking for a new adventure and professional chance.
Do well to apply now!
- immigration.thedivest.com– Canada Truck Driver Jobs with Visa Sponsorship
- trendynaija.com.ng– Truck Driver Jobs in Canada With Visa Sponsorship
- www.hackstrive.com- Truck Driver Visa Sponsorship Jobs in Canada