This tutorial addresses or provides solutions for the following: How do I factory reset my Chinese phone in 2023? Can I factory reset my phone myself? How do you do a factory reset if the phone is locked? How do I reset my vivo China phone?
Only a few android phone users who are experts know the technique used to factory reset any china android phone via the Chinese recovery menu. This article is here to get you super enlightened so that you will know the technique used to factory any of your china android phones through the Chinese recovery menu.
As the production of Chinese android phones keeps increasing rapidly and imported into most of the English-speaking countries including Nigeria, people are often faced with the challenge of comprehending the default Chinese language whenever they wish to manipulate and get the phone factory reset through the Chinese recovery menu that is quite difficult to understand.
Of course the need to get your android factory reset may come probably because the phone is not booting any more or you want to make it function as expected. But if you don’t understand Chinese language, it’s gonna be an uphill task for you and you will be stuck.
But you don’t have to worry anymore, as this article promises to give you the required solution on how manipulate and maneuver this problem. This article will show you what each of those items you see in the Chinese recovery menu really means.
See Also: How to Format all Android Phones
Before I proceed to show you the meaning of those items on the Chinese android phone recovery menu, let me first direct you on how you can easily access this recovery menu. Just follow the steps below. But you have to know that this method will wipe every data on your china Android phone.
Factory reset China android phone through Chinese Recovery Menu
- You have to ensure that your china android phone is turned off.
- Then go ahead and hold the volume ‘down key’ and that of the ‘power button’ at the same time.
- In case your android phone has a mechanical ‘home key’ and not the capacitive home button, then you’ll have to also hold it. That’s to say, you hold your volume down button + home key + Power button simultaneously.
- You will have to keep pressing/holding those buttons until you are in the recovery menu.
See the interpretation of the Chinese factory reset menu language below.
As soon as you get to the recovery menu, you will see several lines written in Chinese language. You can alternate between the lines by holding the volume ‘down key’ to move down the menu and the volume ‘up key’ to move up the menu. You can as well use either the power button or the home button to enter any of those options.
Note that the menu items may defer depending on the model of phone.
The meaning of each of the items in the Chinese recovery menu is explained in the diagram below.
1. Manual Test: This option is used to check if the selected aspect of the phone is working as expected.
2. Individual test: This one channels the testing to individual items such as the LED lights.
3. Test results: This gives you the overall test results of the phone’s functionality.
4. Debug test options: This very option helps you Test the debug functionality of the phone.
5. Wipe eMMC: You can use this option to factory reset your phone, and you can easily identify it because it has eMMC in it. eMMC means the internal memory.
6. Version Info: With this option, you’ll be able to view the basic information about the android phone as well as version of it software. You can build time, IMEI number, etc.
7. Reboot: This option is simply used to reboot the phone.
Anytime the need to factory reset your phone arises via the Chinese recovery menu, simply use the ‘Wipe eMMC’ option that is available there.
I am very much convinced that this article has indeed answered your numerous questions like how to factory reset tecno m3, tecno c5, tecno c8, how to factory reset tecno m5 and p5. These aforementioned phone models all have their respective recovery menu in Chinese format.
This article has now unraveled and helped you solve the problems posed by this china phones whenever you want to get your android phone factory reset. We are always here to help you solve problems such as this.