Recently, the creativity of technology has brought us so many innovations like Solar panel and inverter batteries used for artificial light supply in homes (houses), Cars, Appliances and accessories like; Fridge or freezer, TV, Charging of phones and laptops, Home Theater, washing machines, ceiling fans, Radio, Air Conditioner, iron Heater, and many other appliances that uses power or light production. Stay glued as I work you through to getting direct connectivity and efficient electricity power supply right from sunlight solar panels.
Most of the citizen knows that, one of the major problem in Nigeria today, is the sorry state in which we find the power sector to be in. The import of this is that the rate at which electrical power is being supplied to users in the country is very low and this has made users to seek for alternative sources of electrical power generation with adequate voltage.
An alternative source of power is to use solar panels. But because they are so many in the market now, it has become so difficult to find the actual one that suits your needs and if you are not very sure about what you actually need, you might end up buying the wrong one.
Before we jump into talking about what it will cost to acquire a solar panel, we want to look at a brief definition of what a solar panel is, and what it would take in order to install it in your office or home.
About Solar Panel System
A solar panel is a collection of photo-voltaic cells which are mounted inside a framework and installed. The cells of a solar panel make use of direct sunlight as their energy source in order to generate DC (Direct Current) electricity.
Types of Solar Panels
It may interest you to know that there are basically two types of panels for home and office applications, and they are as follows:
- Monocrystalline Solar Panels
- Polycrystalline Solar Panels
The Monocrytalline solar panels happens to be the first panels to have spread and benefited more in research and development of its technology kind. This type of panel are usually identified through their black color on the surface. This type solar panel has a cell which was manufactured and made via a single continuous Silicon crystal. Which is where the name originated.
- They features high and better efficiency and very appealing to the sight.
- And they are very much expensive in cost
The second type, which is the polycrystalline solar panel were made from solar cells that have multiple crystals of Silicon. This type are usually blue in color and as such, very cheaper when compared monocrystalline solar panels.
Polycrystalline were made to have a better temperature tolerance than that of mono panels. And this simply implies that, the polycrytalline panels will expertly handle temperature fluctuations in a better standard way. But, since they happen to be less efficient, you might likely require a bigger poly panel in order to match the output of that of monocrystalline solar panel.
Below are general information or overview on what it means to install solar panels in your working offices (Company or industry) and homes.
The parts or components that comprises a solar panel, and an inverter battery which is rated 12V/200AH. This can cause panels which have a power rating ranging in-between 125W to 400W to charge up to their full capacities.
When you are making use of a panel that has a Power rating of 125 Watts, you will require several panels for each battery. Depending on your pocket size and budget, you might want to make use of two or three panels for each battery and can decide to add in a 0.8KVA power inverter.
However, if you decide to make use of a 200 Watt panel, then one or two panel(s) can be used for each battery. Again, this is totally dependent on your pocket size and budget. In this case, it is recommended that you use a 1.5KVA power inverter.
A solar charge controller will be needed during installation of the solar panel. The function of the controller is to monitor the rate at which the battery is charging or discharging, and to shield the battery from excess voltage which might diminish the battery’s lifespan and performance.
Being dependent on how many batteries it has, a solar panel which has a Power wall inverter combined with a smart controller can amount up to 725000 NGN. As an example, the cost of a Power inverter of 5KVA, 4 inverter batteries which have a Current rating of 200AH, and eight solar panels having a Power rating of 250W, is 145000 NGN. The price of a solar panel’s battery for each unit can amount to 120,000 NGN.
Note: According to Fortune Business Insights™, the global solar control glass market size was valued at USD 5.17 billion in 2018 and is projected to reach USD 10.68 billion by 2026, exhibiting a CAGR of 9.5% during the forecast period.
See Also: Inverter Battery Prices
How much it cost to Buy Solar Panels in Nigeria
You will find the prices and brands of the top, well-known solar panels in Nigeria in this section. They are as shown below:
Prices of Crown Micro Solar Panels
Another brand of solar panels and power inverters is the Crown-Micro brand. They have been in existence since 1992, and are the producers of UPS, power supplies, enclosures, power inverters, and many more.
Price List Review of the various modules are:
- A mono-crystalline solar panel set CMSP M250P with a rating of 36V/250W | 51000 NGN
- A mono-crystalline solar panelof rating 18V/80W | 48000 NGN
- A mono-crystalline solar panel set CMSP M80P with a rating of 18V/80W | 18000 NGN
- A mono-crystalline solar panel with a Power rating of 250W | 35000 NGN
Prices of Sukam Solar Panels
Solar panels produced by Sukam are highly efficient, thin-film solar panels which can deliver value for money more than the regular solar panels seen around.
Price List Review of the various modules are:
- A solar panel with a 12V/80W rating | NGN
- A solar panel with a 12V/125V rating | NGN
- A mono-crystalline panel with a rating of 24V/150W | # 32000 NGN
- A solar panel with a rating of 24V/150W | NGN
- A solar panel with a rating of 24V/200W | NGN
If you haven’t used a solar panel before, then I would advise that you buy the mono-crystalline solar panel. This particular solar panel could be your starter kit as it happens to be a perfect match for “off-grid” applications like trailers, sheds, cabins, and RVs.
Prices of Rubitec Solar Panels
This manufacturing company majors in recycling or renewing energy and among their numerous products, the solar panel is one of the most outstanding.
The solar panel systems which they produce can be seen at work in different places such as remote clinics, hospitals and even those ATM centers that are away from the bank premises. They last very long and can function even without maintenance.
Price List review of their various solar panels are as shown below:
- A mono-crystalline solar panel with a rating of 24V/200W | 35000 NGN – 40000
- A mono-crystalline solar panel with a Power rating of 260W | 50000 NGN
- A mono-crystalline solar panel with a rating of 600V/200W | 31500 NGN
Prices of Unilite Solar Panels
The Unilite manufacturing company is another top solar panel producer. The prices of their various solar panels are as shown below:
- Solar panel with a Power rating of 80W | 20000 NGN
- Solar panel with a Power rating of 150W | 28500 NGN
- Solar panel with a Power rating of 200W | 40000 NGN
- Solar panel with a Power rating of 250W | 50500 NGN
- Solar panel with a Power rating of 300W | 60000 NGN
Sunshine Solar Panel Prices
These types of solar panels come appended with a company warranty of 25 years and they have different modules such as 50 Watts, 80 Watts, 100 Watts, 130 Watts, and 150 Watts mono-crystalline modules.
The panel which has the greatest Power rating is the 350 Watts mono-crystalline solar panel and its’ price is 62000 NGN. If its’ price is combined with that of the high-grade power inverter, it can sum up to a price of 725000 NGN.
Among the popular choices, the most outstanding is the 24V/200W mono-crystalline solar panel that has a price ranging from 68000 NGN – 71900 NGN.
Prices of Trina Solar Panels
The Trina Solar Company is ranked as one of the top solar panel manufacturers globally. The prices of their various solar panels are as shown below:
- A Trina Mono-crystalline solar panel set of Power rating 340W | 85000 NGN
- A Trina Mono-crystalline solar panel set of Power rating 300W | 75000 NGN – 81400 NGN
- A Trina Mono-crystalline solar panel set of Power rating 320W | 73000 NGN
- A Trina Mono-crystalline solar panel set of Power rating 270W | 62000 NGN
Prices of Talker-Energy Solar Panels
The Talker Energy Company (aka Solar Talker) is a solar panel manufacturing company with highly reputable name and products. They make up a multi crystal solar cell which has an efficiency of more than 17%. They solar panels are manufactured by use of a PVF backing and a tampered-glass-front for optimum protection.
The Cost prices of their various solar panels are as shown below:
- A poly-crystalline solar panel with a Power rating of 140W | 27500 NGN
- A poly-crystalline solar panel with a Power rating of 130W | 27500 NGN
- A poly-crystalline solar panel with a Power rating of 100W | 18680 NGN – 21000 NGN
- A poly-crystalline solar panel with a Power rating of 80W | 16500 NGN
- A poly-crystalline solar panel with a Power rating of 60W | 15500 NGN
- A poly-crystalline solar panel with a Power rating of 50W | 12788 NGN – 14500 NGN
- A poly-crystalline solar panel with a Power rating of 40W | 13500 NGN
- A poly-crystalline solar panel with a Power rating of 30W | 9840 NGN
- A poly-crystalline solar panel with a Power rating of 20W | 7500 NGN – 9000 NGN
- A poly-crystalline solar panel with a Power rating of 15W | 5788 NGN
- A poly-crystalline solar panel with a Power rating of 10W | 6899 NGN – 7500 NGN
- A mono-crystalline solar panel with a Power rating of 130W | 25000 NGN
- A mono-crystalline solar panel of 2 x 100W | 39799 NGN
- A mono-crystalline solar panel of 2 x 80W | 33800 NGN
Prices of Dice Solar Panels
Dice mono-crystalline solar panel of rating 24V/200W is the most famous solar panel of all the models. It was manufactured using mono-crystalline silicon photo-electric cells; it transformed the rays coming from the sun into electricity and it has a high and efficient Direct Current supply and regulation.
Some of the prominent features of this type of inverter are:
- It has a high level of transparency.
- Its’ surface protector is unbreakable.
- Its’ cells are made of mono-crystalline silicon.
- It has a high level of photo-electricity.
- It comes with a company warranty of 25 years.
The price of this type of solar panel on the average is 65700 NGN.
Where to Buy Solar Panel
You can order any of the panel product via online store shops like Jumia, Ebay, jiji, Amazon, Konga etc, or directly from offline marketers or panel dealers. You can get them from various states in Nigeria, which include, Lagos, Abuja, Imo in Owerri, Abia, Adamawa, Akwa ibom, Anambra, Bauchi etc.
In summary, the most essential factors to consider when selecting a solar panel to buy for your office or home are performance level, price, durability, and efficiency. All the solar panels are not manufactured to be the same, so you must ensure that the one you are buying suits your needs so that you get a good run for your money. Also note that there are original and fake panels, so beware of the tag cheapest solar prices, as it has landed so many in unforgettable regret today. People scam others just to make money via sales, so beware and be guided properly before entering the market or buying from online store shops. Ref wikipedia
Share This Post: