A nonprofit organization in Nigeria called the Leventis Foundation teaches young people and farmers how to use natural resources wisely and employ contemporary, sustainable agriculture methods. If you have a strong interest in sustainable agriculture and want to acquire valuable information and skills, the Leventis Foundation Nigeria’s One-Year Training Programme 2024 is the program you need to consider. This curriculum presents a unique opportunity for individuals aspiring to make a significant impact on the agricultural industry.
Since 1987, the Foundation has provided agricultural training to farmers and young people. Currently, six agricultural training schools have been established across Nigeria’s various agro-ecological zones. These schools are co-funded by various State Governments and the Leventis Foundation in the Federal Capital Territory, Osun, Kano, and Gombe states.
All the schools offer instruction to young people, irrespective of gender, who aim to pursue successful careers in agriculture and agribusiness. Participants undergo an intensive one-year program that exposes them to a variety of agricultural topics, agricultural value chains, and other farm enterprises.
The training aims to produce generations of dedicated, practical farmers in Nigeria who will advance the food system and act as catalysts for an agricultural revolution in their communities. The program is provided to beneficiaries at NO COST.
Candidates of both sexes are eligible to apply, and selected candidates receive free tuition and boarding (including meals) for the duration of the program.
Application Deadline: Friday, December 15, 2023
Website: Leventis Foundation Nigeria
The Leventis Training Program’s Vision
The Leventis Foundation has been helping young farmers and agri-entrepreneurs develop their talents for more than thirty years. The Foundation offers a comprehensive one-year education that covers wide areas of agriculture, its value chains, and other related economic endeavors. It has six agricultural training schools spread across Nigeria’s different agro-ecological zones.
The program is a one-of-a-kind educational opportunity that is free of all expenses, including board and tuition. It seeks to develop a new breed of dedicated young farmers who will lead an agricultural revolution and improve the nation’s food systems.
Eligibility Criteria for Leventis Training Program
In order to be qualified for the Leventis Training Program, applicants need to:
- Maintain a healthy bodily state.
- Possess at least a high school leaving certificate and be able to read and write in English.
- Be in the age range of 18 to 40.
- Pass the written and oral exams successfully before being chosen.
- Show a strong interest in agriculture; having experience farming is definitely advantageous.
How To Apply for Leventis Training Program
Interested parties should apply in their own handwriting and include thorough answers to the eligibility requirements. Applications have to contain:
- A letter from the secretary or chair of the candidate’s local government, or a Justice of the Peace (JP) attestation.
- Two current passport-size photos.
- Three citations.
- Copies of one’s academic credentials or any pertinent supporting documentation.
- On the Foundation website, candidates can find the addresses of the schools they would like to apply to.
The aforementioned requirements should be forwarded to any of the addresses below, preferably to the school of choice.
- The Leventis Foundation and Osun State Agricultural Training School Partnership Ilesa, Imo, P.M.B. 5074 Osun State
- Kano State Agricultural Training School and the Leventis Foundation Local Government of Albasu, Panda Kano, PMB 3555 Kano State
- Genome State Agricultural Training School and the Leventis Foundation Tumu Local Government, Akko District Gombe State
- Training School for Agricultural Technicians at FCT/Leventis Foundation Council Area of Yaba, Abaji Abaji’s P.M.B. 001 Abuja.
- The President and Chief Technical and Training Officer of Leventis Foundation (Nigeria) Ltd./Gtete Central Business District / Leventis Close / No 2. PO Box 20351, Garki, Abuja, Federal Capital Territory.
Leventis Foundation (Nigeria) provides a range of consulting services and focused short courses in addition to the year-long training in various areas of agriculture, such as processing and packaging, poultry, vegetable, fish, and mushroom production, value chain development, feed formulation, greenhouse and hydroponic farming, urban farming, and climate-smart agriculture, among others.
In conclusion, do not pass up this fantastic chance to learn new things, widen your perspectives, and contribute to the improvement of agriculture in the future. Submit an application for the Leventis Foundation Nigeria One-Year Training Programme 2024 now to start your journey toward a sustainable future.