The application process for the European Research Council Grants 2022 is ongoing now. Below is how to apply.
The University of Melbourne is proud that it offers the European Research Council Starting Grants for talented students in Australia. This grant is available for the academic year 2022/2023.
Please read this article to find out all about the award, including the requirements, deadlines, eligibility, and how to apply.
The European Research Council’s Goals and Benefits
The University of Melbourne will award up to $4,000,000 to successful applicants. For projects with a shorter duration, starting grants may be up to EUR1.5million for five years. Pro-rata will apply.
An additional EUR1million can be available to pay eligible start-up expenses for researchers who are moving to the EU from a third nation. This includes the purchase of major equipment, access to large facilities, and/or any other major fieldwork and experimental costs.
Qualification requirements for European Research Council
- Two to seven years experience in the field since completion of a PhD
- You must present a project that is being conducted by a private or public research organization. This could be the place where the applicant works or any other host organization located in one or more of the EU Member States.
- ERC grants are available to researchers from all parts of the world, provided that the research undertaken is in an EU Member State/ Associated Country.
- Further information can be found on the European Research Council’s Starting Grants webpage.
Selection criteria for the Grant
The proposals are scored and evaluated by peer reviewers. Only those who meet the quality threshold will be ranked. The call budget will determine the rank. Only the top-ranked proposals can be granted an ERC grant, and this cutoff is only after the budget has been exhausted.
- To apply, click on Application Link
Deadline for applications:
- This award entry submission deadline is January 13, 2022.
For more information, please visit the European Research Council website here.
Share to this article below in other to present this opportunity to others.